Activate SolidWorks 2016 RealView Graphics on an Intel CPU
Activate RealView Graphics on an unrecognised Intel graphics card, For example : my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 card on my HP PROBOOK 650 G4 I7-8550U 256GO SSD 8GO WINDOWS 10 PRO 64.
I run SolidWorks 2016 on Intel (R) UHD graphics 620 and it is working perfect.
Note: After installation, the SolidWorks work very poor, but after, i found a solution for this case .
-The Issue: The SolidWorks put all the load on the CPU instead of the Graphics-Card.
-The solution : Instruct SolidWorks to move the load to the Graphics-Card.
Follow the steps to get the '' RealView 'option with proper operation!!
Step 1: Find graphics card name:
Search tool > Device Manager > Display adapters > drop down to display graphics card name e.g. “Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620”
Step 2: ADD your graphics card to the register:
1) Search tool > Regedit
2) Regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > SolidWorks
3) SolidWorks > Solidworks 2016 > Performance > Graphics > Hardware
4) Hardware > Current > one-click > Renderer > Modify > copy the name of your graphics card (For exemple: “Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620”)
5) Hardware > GI2Shaders > Other
6) Presuming your graphics card isn’t any of the ones listed;
Right-click “other” > New > Key
7) Rename “New Key #1” as your exact graphics card name (do ctrl + V), For exemple: “Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620”
8) Right-click the new folder you just made > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
9) Rename “New Value #1” as “workarounds”
10) Right-click “workarounds” > Modify… > and put “8” as the Value data (with the base in Hexadecimal) > OK
Step 3: run SolidWorks 2016 on Intel graphic 620 in a perfect way
To make sure the '' RealView '' option is going to be there, plus the previous steps followed by the next steps :
1) HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > SolidWorks > SOLIDWORKS 2016 > Performance > Graphics > Hardware > Intel
2) press one click on the Intel folder > on the right side of the window, you will see a file named “Workarounds” > Right click on the file and select “Modify…” > Change the value from “10” to “9” (Without the “”) as the Value data (with the base in Hexadecimal) > OK
Step 4: Test
Restart Solidworks and the RealView graphics should now exist!
Next time you open SolidWorks, it will run smoothly with the presence of the option "realview".