How to Assemble the Stratasys Face Shield
We know the need for COVID-19 protective equipment is urgent everywhere. That's why we're sharing everything you need to produce face shields with 3D printed visors.
Step 1: Overview
A) Download the model: Face Shields with 3D-Printed Visors
B) 3D print it:
- For the Visor, we are printing out of ASA and ABS materials.
- For the Shield, we are manufacturing them out of Lexan and PETG.
To help maximize cleanliness and for ease of shipping, we recommend you allow letting the medical provider, healthcare facility, or user of the Item do the assembly.
Step 2: Attach the Shield to the Visor
Attach the shield to the visor by placing the holes on top of the three mounting points on the visor.
Step 3: Rotate the Visor
Rotate the visor counter-clockwise or the shield clockwise until the shield is in-place.
Step 4: Attach the Rubber Band
Attach the #33 Rubber Band or other non-latex fastener to the rear-side of the visor.
Step 5: Place the Visor on Your Head
Place the rear of the visor on the back of your head and slide the visor over your head until the front of the visor is on your forehead and the shield covers your face.
Step 6: Conclusion
If you are able to produce visors or shields in bulk but do not have a customer for them, please sign up to be part of our network!
The “Files and Instructions for 3D-Printed Face Shields” are provided “AS IS”, in an effort to help with the urgent need for this Item. Users of this Item must determine the appropriateness and use of this Item, whether there are any federal or State regulatory requirements for use of this Item, and for informing other users of these responsibilities.
If you use, copy or share this Item, you agree:
(1) you will not claim ownership of the logo or name of “Stratasys”, which belongs to the Stratasys
(2) STRATASYS, INC., FOR ITSELF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES (STRATASYS), DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE ITEM OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR USE OR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; NON-INFRINGEMENT; COMPLIANCE WITH ANY REGULATORY STANDARDS; AND COMPLIANCE WITH ANY OTHER LAWS
(3) Stratasys retains no and disclaims all liability for any claims of any kind made by person, either as a result of use of or as related to the Item.