Transfer STL files between Blender and 3D Printing Slicers Software
For the case study of modifying and transferring this tutorial makes use of Blender.
Blender is a free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D-printed models, motion graphics, interactive 3D applications, virtual reality, and, formerly, video games.
Step 1: Import the STL file
To transfer STL files between Blender and 3D printing slicers software, you can follow these steps:
- In Blender, select the object or objects that you want to export as an STL file.
- Go to File > Export > Stl.
- In the export dialog, specify the location and filename for the STL file.
- Click Export.
The STL file will be exported to the specified location.
To import an STL file into a 3D printing slicer software, you can follow these steps:
- In the slicer software, go to File > Import.
- Select the STL file that you want to import.
- Click Open.
The STL file will be imported into the slicer software.