Solid Edge Tutorials | How to use Solid Sweep Cutout command
Solid Edge Tutorials - How to use Solid Sweep Cutout command
FOR MORE tutorials, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/c/CADCAMLearning?sub_confirmation=1
Step 1: Video tutorials
The Solid Sweep Cutout command creates a cutout in a solid body by moving a spinning revolved tool body along a path. The revolved tool body removes volume as it moves along the path.
Both 2D and 3D paths are valid. Unless the tool is placed on the path or the Place tool on Path option is selected, the path must be tangent and continuous.
Video tutorials show how to use Solid Sweep Cutout command
Step 2: Multi-body
Two bodies are required to create a Solid Sweep Cutout. The tool is defined as a separate body. For more information, see the Add Body command help topic.
- Must be a solid body
- The tool axis defines the axis about which to spin the tool body
- The cross-section of the spun body obtained by spinning the tool body about the tool axis must form a single connected set of curves
- The tool body must not be disjoint, and it must intersect the axis
- Concave and convex
- Containing holes and cutouts
- Non-analytic faces created with b-spline geometry